Friday 15 July 2016

Favourite Books Of 2016 (so far)

hello! so today i will be sharing with you my 7 favourite books of 2016 (so far)! I will be starting with my least favourite of the favourites and ending with my favourite book of 2016 (so far).



7. The Hunt for Ned Kelly- Sophie Masson

It's good for me to read some junior fiction sometimes, and this one was really good. It is set in Australia in the late 1870s and a boy and his sister and in the midst of the hunt for ned kelly. i enjoyed it because i love historical fiction and this was probably one of the best.

6.The Gathering- Isobelle Carmody

The Gathering is an Australian novel about a boy who has moved to a town where some really weird things have happened and are happening. this book is slightly creepy to say the least and when i bought it i couldn't find a synopsis anywhere in the book. Isobelle Carmody is an amazing author and i just brought another one of her books and have one on hold at the library.

5.Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List- Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

No Kiss List (which is what i'll call it, to save myself from having to type the tittle a lot) is a really funny contemporary novel about a boy and a girl, Naomi and Ely, who fall for the same guy. it is very interesting and i read it in around one day.

4. Sara's Face- Melvin Burgess

sara's face is a YA thriller about a girl who is offered surgery on her face, but it may not be just for her. I bought this at a library sale for 50c and i really enjoyed it. it keeps you guessing until the very end. i liked it because i don't read a lot of suspenseful novels and thrillers so this one was really good.

3. Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda- Becki Albertalli

Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda was my favourite book for about a month until i read the ones which i rank higher than Simon vs. But this book is still very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely read it again. It was very funny but also did keep you guessing as to who the mysterious Blue was.

2.The Art of Being Normal- Lisa Williamson

The Art of Being Normal is an amazing, funny, emotional book. There are so many plot twists that you can never be sure what is going to happen. There is a giant plot twist in the middle, and because of this twist i sat on my bed shocked.

1.You Know Me Well- Nina Lacour & David Levithan

drum roll please... my favourite book of 2016 (so far) is You Know Me Well. I have two books which David Leviathan co-wrote on this list and i am currently reading another book of his. you know me well is a fantastic, emotional and funny book. it was interesting and amazing and i loved it and have nearly no words. you should definitely read it, it is phenomenal.

Have you read any of the books on this list? if so, what did you think of them? what are your favourite books of 2016?


well, i hope you enjoyed reading my list!
x rose



14 comments:

  1. I love it when people share books lists that have obscure books that I've not heard of before! These look like a great pick. Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda sounds mysterious and the Gathering sounds just right up my alley!

    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you read and enjoy them!

      x rose

      Delete
  2. Those sound like super cool books! Nice post!

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved Simon Vs too!! *HI FIVES* It was so stinkin' adorable omg. And I really want to read this Ned Kelly one now, because I loved the movie but haven't actually read any books on it?! Shame to me! XD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon Vs. is a great book! *high fives back* You should definitely read ned Kelly books!

      -rose

      Delete
  4. Simon vs. is definitely on my TBR pile! It looks fabulous :)
    My favorites thus far have to be The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands, Merrick by Anne Rice, and Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the Goodreads page for the blackthorn key and it sounds so interesting! I am now going to try and find that book. Thanks for commenting Ellie!
      x rose

      Delete
  5. Oo, The Gathering looks really interesting and creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those two words perfectly describe the book!
      thanks for commenting!
      rose

      Delete
  6. I haven't read books in a long time! :(
    ~ Rukiya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you find a book that you like you could get back into reading? Readings a great hobby, but if it isn't for you, thats alright! :)
      rose

      Delete
  7. Simon vs. HSA is on the TOP of my TBR pile - and the Art of Being Normal is a beautiful read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The art of being normal is so beautiful! You should definitely read Simon Vs.!
      rose

      Delete

Sup. A little bird told me you're about to leave a comment on one of my posts. That's fine, I appreciate it! But please do not comment anything rude or offensive. Well, happy commenting.

Rose :3